transform the Greater Port Harcourt Area into a world class city, internationally recognized for excellence, and the preferred destination for investors and tourist. The objective is to build a well planned city, through the implementation and enforcement of policies that will ensure the provision of first-
The Governing Body:
* A Part Time Chairman.
* The Administrator.
* Six other qualified professionals in the field of Estate Management, Surveying, Engineering, Urban Planning, Architecture, Quantity Surveying, Building and Law.
* Representatives of Ministries of Justice, Land survey, Urban Development, Works and Environment.
* Two persons representing NGOs and other stakeholders.
Greater Port Harcourt covers an area of approximately 1,900 square kilometres (40,000 Hectares of land) spanning eight Local Government Areas , with a projected population of about two(2) Million people. The New City will be an extension of the old Port Harcourt City. The intent is to allow for urban growth through strategic planning, and de-
areas, parks, garden etc.
The New City offers the following opportunities to would-
* Power generation and transmission
* Solid waste management
* Water supply and reticulation
* Housing project
* Commercial/office complex
* Golf course and club house development
* Urban transport system
* Funding of the Project will be provided by Rivers State Government and also by Public Private Partnership initiatives.